1. In what instances does Amgen collect personal information about you?
- When you interact with Amgen staff members or our representatives;
- When you participate in, or request to be considered for Amgen-related activities, such as clinical trials, advisory boards or consultancies;
- When you register for an Amgen-sponsored event (including online events); and
- When you contact us for medical information, safety or quality issues.
In addition, Amgen is regularly provided with professional information about Health Care Professionals in Europe from a third party service provider. Amgen takes steps to ensure that the information it receives has been collected and transferred in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
2. Why does Amgen process personal information about you?
Amgen processes personal information about you for purposes which may include:
- To manage Amgen’s commercial and scientific activities, such as participation in market research, clinical trials, professional meetings or congresses;
- To promote and assess Amgen’s products and services (for example, sending marketing newsletters or performing market research);
- To respond to requests for medical information;
- To assist you in planning trips related to Amgen’s business or products;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as safety monitoring, adverse event reporting and internal auditing obligations;
- To identify and engage with you as a scientific expert or a professional leader; and
- For purposes such as storage and backup.
3. What kind of personal information do we process?
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is collected, Amgen may process:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as address, email or telephone number;
- Your login and password to connect to Amgen services online;
- Your curriculum vitae and professional information such as areas of specialization;;
- Your past collaborations with Amgen;
- Dates and brief summary of interactions with Amgen’s sales representatives or medical staff; an
- Financial and banking information, but only if necessary to pay you for services or reimburse your expenses.
4. Who can access personal information about you?
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is collected, such information may be accessed by:
- Authorized staff from Amgen or its representatives acting on Amgen’s behalf, subject to applicable privacy laws;
- Regulatory authorities and ethics committees or other third parties pursuant to applicable laws;
- Third parties processing personal information as a data processor under Amgen’s instruction (for example, a travel service or a clinical research organization); and
- Third parties with which Amgen collaborates (for example, other pharmaceutical companies), but only after taking reasonable steps to ensure that we can share such information in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
5. Where is personal information about you being processed?
Amgen is a multi-national company which maintains datacenters around the world, including the Netherlands and the United States (Amgen Inc.’s global headquarters). Amgen may process personal information in global databases that can be accessed by authorized Amgen personnel worldwide. Transfers of personal information to Amgen Inc. are made in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Regardless of where your personal information is collected or processed, Amgen maintains appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect information about you.
6. How can you access, correct or delete the personal information about you that we process?
For any requests or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that in certain circumstances, Amgen may be required by applicable law to retain certain information about you.
The Privacy Statement does not cover our online practices. Please consult our internet privacy statement.
For information about our obligations to disclose personal information (including financial information) under the EFPIA Financial Transparency Rule and country-specific financial transparency regulations, please click here or visit http://www.efpia.eu/.