Like most other companies, Amgen uses “cookies” to improve the user experience for our website visitors.
Cookies are tiny files, composed of a string of letters and numbers, placed on your computer or mobile device by web page servers. They enable Amgen to distinguish you from other users of our websites. Cookies cannot be executed as code nor can they be used to deliver viruses. Cookies do not enable Amgen to access or read any information on your hard drive – even if cookies are stored there.
Cookies may be associated with identifiable information you have provided while registering for an Amgen online service or while logged in, such as your email address when subscribing to an Amgen newsletter. This helps us provide you with a more personalized user experience, e.g. to enable us to deliver content relevant to your interests.
The data generated through cookies on Amgen websites can be used for various purposes including the following:
- Strictly Necessary:These technical cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our websites and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the websites. These technical cookies are only temporarily stored while you are using our websites and are deleted from your device once you close your browser functionality.
- Functionality:These personalization cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make such as user name, language or region you are in and provide a more enhanced personal experience.
- Performance and Statistics:These analysis cookies collect information about how visitors use our websites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages. These cookies are used to improve the functionality of our websites.
We do not provide any user contact information to advertisers nor do we permit any third parties to advertise on our website. We do not control any advertisers allowed by internet service providers who advertise while you browse the internet.
In some instances, we may also include web beacons (also known as action tags or single-pixel gifs) and other technologies in our online services or newsletters. A web beacon is a graphic on a website or in a newsletter which is used to understand whether emails are opened or links in the emails are clicked. This technology helps us improve the content and relevancy of our newsletters for our recipients.
Some cookies can be deleted through your browser settings or by not downloading images when receiving emails or by not clicking on links in the email newsletters. You can configure the settings of your web browser to accept or refuse the installation of cookies or similar technologies on your computer, or to notify you each time cookies or similar technologies are sent to you, at your convenience. However, if your browser settings are rejecting cookies and similar technologies, cookie-enabled websites will not recognize you when you return to the website and some functionality of the Amgen online experience may be lost. You can modify your browser settings at:
- Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11-win-7
- Safari™: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392709?hl=en
- For Firefox in Android: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
This Cookie Information for Users may be updated from time to time. Please check this website periodically for the latest version.
This Cookie Information for Users has been last updated on November 24, 2017.